Sunday, January 9, 2011

of peace and love

So I met this boy a couple years ago. At first, I thought he was slightly odd and a bit on the quiet side. As our friendship evolved, he turned into my best friend. As our friendship grew even closer, I realized that I loved that boy, and he was everything I have ever dreamed of.  He's not the easiest person to figure out, but he is, without a doubt, that most amazing person I have ever met.

It's not because of the things he buys me, it's not because well, he's just nice to look at. It's not because it takes care of me. It's simply because he cares. When he has a lot of other places that he could be, he chooses to be with me. It's knowing that even when my life feels like it's falling apart, he cares and will do anything he can do to make it better, because he just wants me happy.

When I'm laying with him, I feel safe. I feel complete. Mostly, I feel love. I feel love like I never knew was possible. He's my best friend, and he makes my heart feel like it couldn't possibly fill up anymore.

Our relationship isn't without its issues. Mostly, the Army makes him have to leave me for months at a time and soon to be for a year. People ask how I do it, and sometimes, I don't know how I do it, I just do it.

The few hours that I have him here with me, are worth the thousands of hours that we will have to be apart. Those are the things I think about when he's gone. I remember our nights together. I remember how he feels, and I do dumb things like smell his pillowcase.

He got us a puppy named Barney that we both adore to help keep me company while he goes away. Barney will do a fine job of taking over as man of the house while he's away. But I will always be here when he gets back. Because this is where he belongs.

Relationships are never easy. God knows I know that. Ours is certainly one that has it's obstacles. But at least this time, it's always worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment